The following discussion points relate to the 2006 and 2011 census dissemination strategy. Please keep these in mind when reading through the consultation guide. Your answers to these questions are greatly appreciated.
2006 Census and geography dissemination
- Do you have any comments on the 2006 Census release schedules (topics or products and services)? Do you have recommendations for promoting broader awareness of census releases to users?
- What aspects of the 2006 Census web pages do you find most and least valuable? Are you able to find the information you need? Please explain. What improvements would you recommend?
- Based on the 2006 Census products and services line, what are your suggestions for the 2011 Census
- Do the 2006 Census product attributes (i.e., variables, stubsets, output media and levels of geography) meet your needs? Please explain.
- Based on the 2006 Census geography products and services line, what are your suggestions for the 2011 Census
- geographic reference products?
- geographic data products?
- spatial information products?
- attribute information products?
- custom geographic services?
Which geographic products or services are most and least important to you? Why? What improvements would you recommend?
Which census products or services are most and least important to you? Why? What improvements would you recommend?
2011 Census – Proposed directions
As a complement to the prearranged topic-based tabulations, do you have any ideas or suggestions about how to allow users to create their own tables online from predefined parameters (i.e., by selecting the variables to cross-tabulate, selecting the population and selecting the geography)? Please explain.
If a self-serve model was offered, would you agree to a reduction in the number of prearranged topic-based tabulations?
- In 2011, print and CD-ROM formats for all standard census and geography products will be discontinued. What alternate ways to distribute web-based content would you suggest?
- Do you have any ideas or suggestions about how census data could be further integrated into GeoSearch? Please explain. Please indicate if you feel these improvements are of a high or low priority. How would you further enhance GeoSearch?
- If the data contained within GeoSuite were available in other products, such as GeoSearch, would you object to eliminating the GeoSuite product? Please explain.
- Do you have any other comments regarding census dissemination or any other aspects of the census such as questionnaire content, communications strategy and collection activities?
Statistics Canada will ensure that the information you provide to us is fully protected as required under the federal Privacy Act.
- Date modified: