Information identified as archived is provided for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. It is not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards and has not been altered or updated since it was archived. Please contact us to request a format other than those available.
2011 Census Teacher's Kit
The 2011 Census Teacher's Kit has been developed for use in elementary, intermediate, and secondary classes. All activities are classroom-ready and have been tested to meet curriculum requirements.
The eight activities are appropriate for many subjects including language arts, economics, mathematics, art, social studies, geography, history, family studies, theatre arts, science and English as a second language (ESL).
Download a print version of the complete kit: PDF (2,732 kb)
The complete kit includes:
- Teacher's Guide
- Classroom activities
Components of the kit
- Teacher's Guide HTML | PDF (2,732 kb)
- Classroom activities:
- Taking a census HTML | PDF (101 kb)
- Add! Don't subtract! — A complete count HTML | PDF (233 kb)
- Important decisions don't just happen! Using data to plan your services HTML | PDF (155 kb)
- Where do we come from? HTML | PDF (773 kb)
- Agriculture at a glance HTML | PDF (181 kb)
- Immigration and citizenship HTML | PDF (732 kb)
- That's easy for you to say! — survey project HTML | PDF (143 kb)
- Census game HTML | PDF (144 kb)
- 2011 Census colouring book HTML | PDF (2,019 kb)
- 2011 Census activity sheet HTML | PDF (781 kb)