Dictionary, Census of Population, 2016
Government transfers not included elsewhere
All government transfers received during the reference period, other than those from the following sources:
- Old Age Security pension, Guaranteed Income Supplement, Allowance or Allowance for the Survivor;
- retirement, disability and survivor benefits from Canada Pension Plan and Québec Pension Plan;
- benefits from Employment Insurance and Quebec Parental Insurance Plan;
- child benefits from federal and provincial programs;
- social assistance benefits;
- workers' compensation benefits;
- working income tax benefit;
- goods and services tax credit and harmonized sales tax credit.
The key components of this variable are refundable provincial tax credits, provincial income supplements for seniors, other provincial credits, benefits and rebates, veterans' pensions, war veterans' allowance, pensions to widow(er)s and dependants of veterans.
For the 2016 Census, the reference period is the calendar year 2015 for all income variables.
2016 (100% data)
Population aged 15 years and over in private households
Variable derived based on administrative tax and benefit records received from the Canada Revenue Agency.
Positive dollar value or nil
See 'Remarks' under total income.
This variable is a component of other government transfers. See also income sources.
For more information, please refer to Appendix 4.1, Components of income in 2015.
For additional information about data collection method, coverage, reference period, concepts, data quality and intercensal comparability of the income data, refer to the Income Reference Guide, Census of Population, 2016.
- Date modified: